Querida Familia!
What a crazy, busy week! Last week we went up to Leavenworth as a zone for pday and spent time there. It's this little touristy town that has like a German theme. Lots of little stores to go and walk in and see. Plus a fudge shop. Mom, you would have loved it. :)
Okay, so this week has been busy... We found two new investigators and had some pretty good lessons with other investigators and less active members. Oh! And Julio! We had another really good lesson with him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We talked to him about it and just explained why all the steps were important. We talked to him about how he felt about baptism why he said yes to a baptism date before. He said that looking down the road, he can see himself as a member of the church and that he really wants his family to become members too. The Spirit was very strong in the lesson and we set another goal for a baptism date for him for January 14. He picked it this time. And he came to the right ward yesterday, even though all his friends are in the other ward! I'm really excited for him and to see what we can to help him gain a testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
We also had exchanges this week. Sis. Young came here and worked with Sis. Hicks and then I went to Moses Lake and worked with Sis. Almaraz. It's amazing the things you can learn from serving with a companion for a short period of time. I learned that the work really is about the investigators and we do what we can to help them progress and gain their own testimony. It does no good if they are converted to the missionaries or the social activities of the church. That was something I really realized this week; the importance of having your own testimony. Everything that we do to help investigators is about helping them gain their own testimony. We can't move on without helping them take the first steps to gaining their own testimony. And it's a testimony of Jesus Christ and what his gospel can do for each and everyone of us when we have faith in him and repent of the the things we do so that our lives mirror his. I love this gospel. :)
Okay, so the surprise twist... We got transfer calls last night! I'm going to be staying here in East Wenatchee!! I'm so very excited for that. However, the sad note is that Sis. Hicks is leaving. We were really hoping to serve together for another one. BUT, it's all good. She's going to Othello to second train, and I will be staying here and I will be training. I'm kinda excited and a little bit nervous. I have to go up to Spokane tomorrow for "Training for the Trainer" (isn't that a woodbadge term? :)) and then right after that I'll find out who my new companion is. It's going to be a great week! I love you all so very much! Thank you for all that you do! I'm excited to talk to you on Sunday. I love it here in Washington and, despite the cold weather which really hasn't been that bad, know this is where I'm supposed to be. I love you all! Merry Christmas!
Love,
Hermana Haws