Querida Familia!
How has everybody's week been?! I heard about Sis. Clouse and I am so sorry to hear that she passed away last week, but I am really glad to hear that the funeral went well. I love the knowledge we have that this life isn't the end, that there is more. We can live with our families forever. Heavenly Father has given us the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation to help us out in times like these. He gives us the plan so that we can have that comfort and so that we know that He is always there for us. What a great blessing it is to have such a loving Heavenly parent.
This week has been a pretty good one and we a lot of fun things happened! Let's catch you up... MARIA LOPEZ: We met with her last week and had a pretty good lesson on faith. She is struggling with putting her faith in the Lord, realizing that she is never going to know everything or know exactly how things will turn out. That's why we need to have faith in our Heavenly Father and that he knows what is best for us and that he'll be there to help us out. We're still working her to help her see that. ALBERTO Y MARI: We watched the Restoration DVD with them this week and it was a really good lesson. They didn't come to church yesterday though... We have to work with them on that. They are reading though and Alberto told us that he really likes the things that he reads and that he has the chance to learn more about God. He's like a sponge, it's awesome to have the chance to work with him. ROBYN AND TALISHA: Are two new investigators that we taught this week. They are a member referral and they're awesome. Robyn is a single mom and Talisha is her 13 yr old daughter. They've come to church a couple of different times over the years with different friends. They've been going around to different churches and have been going with main stream Christians, but they like the times that they've come to church. We talked about the Restoration and left them with the Book of Mormon. I'm really excited to go back and talk with them again. ADAM AND HEATHER: So, the sisters here tracted into Adam way back in October or something like that. His wife was in Seattle b/c their daughter had been born 13 weeks premature. So, we've been stopping by periodically over the past couple months to see how things have been going with them and this last week we had the chance to teach them. We got to know their different religious backgrounds a little bit more and we set up a church tour with them for tomorrow night. I'm really excited about them as well. GARRETT: Is an awesome young man. His 13th birthday is this week and every time we get to see him, he talks more and more about his baptism. He's been reading in the scriptures and loves coming to church. We had a lesson with him and his mom this week, and it was really good for his mom to see how excited he is.
That about sums up the week! We did get some more snow this week, about 4" on Wednesday, but it was all melted by Saturday or so. The weather here has been beautiful!
I love being here and sharing the gospel with others. We just get to offer blessings; blessings that come from living the gospel of Jesus Christ. Yes, that may require some sacrifices, but the blessings in the end are totally worth it. Peace, joy, happiness, knowledge, eternal families, eternal life, getting to live with Heavenly Father again... Those are just to name a few of those blessings. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. This is his work and I am so grateful that he trusts me for a short amount of time to be his full time missionary. The gospel is true! :)
I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love,
Hermana Haws