Sharing the Gospel in the Washington Spokane Mission

Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy After Thanksgiving!

Querida Familia!
 
  This has been another great week.  This area is just exploding and Sis. Hicks and I are super busy all the time.  We had a wonderful thanksgiving on Thursday at one of our Bishop's houses.  We then went to one of our Ward mission leader's houses and had dessert with him and his family.  It's a great time to focus on the blessings that we receive from our Heavenly Father and I realized, once again, how grateful I am for all of you.  Christmas lights are starting to go up here, and it's getting to be that time of year!! How exciting! :)
  The Wenatchee stake does a big nativity exhibit every year and that is happening this week.  Remember the exhibit at the church down on main?  It's supposed to be like that.  We've been inviting everybody we talk to to come and see it.  We've heard amazing things about it, so we're really excited about it. 
  This week the entire Lopez family came to church!! It was awesome!  They really enjoyed it and last night we had dinner with them.  Of course, she is an amazing cook and it was really good.  We talked to them about church and what they liked.  For the lesson with them, we talked about how they can continue to have the spirit in their home, even when we're not there.  That is through family scripture study and prayer.  They said they would start doing both those things as a family.  We're really excited for them. :) 
  We found another new spanish investigator this week.  Her name is Magdela and she just lost her mom a couple of months ago.  Her brother and sister-in-law used to listen to the missionaries in CA and she said that she is really just looking for peace in her life right now.  We talked for a quick second about the plan of Salvation, but sadly we had to leave to go to another appointment.  We have another appt with her for this Saturday, so we'll see how it goes. 
  I got to talk this week in the Rocky Reach ward... I chose to talk on prayer.  There's a really good talk in the conference issue of the ensign by Elder Cornish that talks about prayer.  Read it. :)  What better tool do we have in our lives? (PS mom- thank you for the Liahona in spanish. :) )
  I'm grateful for this time of season.  We have the opportunity to focus on the life of our Savior and more specifically on his birth.  How blessed we are to have the knowledge of a Savior and what His life means for every single one of us.  He alone has the power to comfort us in times of sadness, but He is also there to share in our times of happiness.  He loves us all! 
  I love you all too and am so happy to be a part of this family!  I also have been blessed with amazing friends.  Have another great week and enjoy this time of year!
 
Love,
  Hermana Haws