Querida Familia!! :)
As I'm sure you now know from the subject line, transfer calls were last night and they kicked me out of here... I'm going off to East Wenatchee! It's about three hours to the west of here... about as far away as you can get in this mission. My new companions name is Sis. Hicks and I've met her once before when I took her fear busting... She's a way awesome sister and I'm excited to go and be her companion! From what Hna Perez has told me about Wenatchee, it's a beautiful city and the work is awesome. I'm excited. I'm super sad to leave this area; there are some really special people here that I will miss. But I know that Pres. Palmer really sends us where Heavenly Father needs us so that we can be with who we need to be with.
Other exciting news... We had our first snow here!! It snowed Friday night and Saturday. Don't worry, I took pictures. :) So, scary thing... I'm going over to Wenatchee and since I'm the senior companion with Sis. Hicks, that means that I'm the designated driver. Snow is coming! I have to learn to drive in snow!! Yeah, we'll see how well this goes. :) But the weather still is beautiful and this area is gorgeous. It really has become a "home" for me.
Last Wednesday Sis. Perez and I finished the Book of Mormon challenge that our District Leader gave us. The whole book in five weeks- in spanish. What a huge testimony builder. I understood more thanI thought I would and actually, it really helped me to be able to understand people when they speak. I am so grateful for that. The Book of Mormon is true! If you have any doubts, go ahead and read it and pray about it.
So, this was a pretty busy week... We did a lot of member tours and lots of teaching... It was way awesome! Also, Ramiro (he was baptized in May with Hna Riggs and I) and Antonia got married this past Saturday! They asked me to play the piano at their wedding... That was quite the experience. :) haha It was a really good ceremony and they have plans to go to the temple next year on their anniversary. I'm so excited for the both of them!
Roberto is still doing good... We taught him the commandments this week and then he came to the baptism that the elders in our branch had. He really liked it and so we talked to him again about December 10th for him. He was a little more accepting of it, but is still a little hesitant. We'll keep working on it! Cesar and Teresa are doing awesome! We taught them the plan of salvation and they just said that it made so much sense to them. It's been cool to see Teresa really warm up to it again. I'm so excited for them! They always want to set up another appointment right away, so it's really good to see them so excited.
This area is awesome and I'm so grateful for the chance I have had to serve here. The people that I have had a chance to teach and know have been amazing and I have learned so much from them. They have really helped my testimony grow a lot. I love them and will miss them, but I'm looking forward to Wenatchee and the things I will learn there! We are put where we need to be... I definitely believe that. :) I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ and for the simplicity of his gospel. We are here to have faith in him and follow him and to try and better our lives. We do that by repenting and being baptized. Then he gives us a very special gift, the gift of the Holy Ghost to lead, guide and direct us, so that we can endure to the end and return and live to our heavenly Father. I love the Savior and am grateful for His Church!
I love you all!! Thanks for your love and support!
Love,
Hermana Haws