Querida familia!!
So, I heard you counted down how many transfers I have left... :) haha You all are funny! This week has been another good one and we had the chance to talk to a LOT of different people this week and we did see some miracles with our investigators.
So, let's get you all updated on how everybody is! LOPEZ FAMILY: We taught them Tithing this week and they didn't have a problem with it. Their fellowshippers, the Ramos', have done a really good job about being there for them and answering their questions, so by the time that we were there and officially taught them about it, they were like, "Yes, hermana, we already know about this." ha, it was funny to hear Eutiquio say that. He's really a pretty funny guy... Oh!! And HUGE news with them... Eutiquio has NOT had any kind of alcohol for the past TWO WEEKS!! Which is huge for him because he used to come home and have like two or three beers a day. When he told us that, I couldn't stop smiling I was so excited for him!! Still no baptism date for them, but they are getting closer and it's such a privilege to work with them. ALBERTO Y MARI: Didn't come to church yesterday... We realized this week that we have to go back and talk to them about a few different basic principles of the gospel. But they are still reading and coming up with questions, so that's good. LISA RAMOS: Talked with her about the gospel this week again we talked about smoking. We told her that the next time we come by we'll talk about the "Quit Smoking Workshop" that the church has... Keep praying for her that she'll have the desire to quit. She knows it's not good, but this week she told us it's just her "crutch". GARRETT MINSKI: He is the 13 year old son of a member that was baptized a couple of years ago. Missionaries have tried to teach him before, but he doesn't have a very long attention span. But, yesterday we had a really good lesson with him. He's been coming to church practically every week for the past two months and he goes to mutual every week. When we invited him to be baptized he said, "I'll have to think about it... Maybe... Probably... More than likely." And he just had a smile on his face. He's a good kid and I'm excited to work with him. JAMES DABLE: He came to church yesterday!! We had bit of a rough spot with him, but we had a chance to talk to him last night and it's all worked out. The Elders Quorum president is really good with him and invited him over to his house this week for dinner, so that was really good. James just really needs friends right now, so even if we don't get the chance to teach him, he just needs to know that the members of the church are there for him and are willing to help him with whatever they can.
Very eventful and filled week! :) I had the chance to talk yesterday in the Rocky Reach ward and my topic was on "Being My Brother's Keeper". I realized something this week... In Luke 22:31-32, Christ tells Peter that "Satan desires to have you... but when thou art converted, go out and strengthen thy brethren." That is totally being our brother's keeper. Christ has set up the church the way he has and exemplified service in everything he did so that we know that that's the main way that Satan will not get a hold of us. When we go about trying to serve and help others, we become more united together.
We're thinking about others and what we can do to help them. Which is why we have so many chances to serve in the church. I hope that makes some sort of sense to all of you, but it was kind of neat understanding moment for me.
I love being out here and having a chance to serve the people herein East Wenatchee. I love my Savior. I know He is always there for us. Thank you all for your love and support! I love you all! :)
Love,
Hermana Haws