Sharing the Gospel in the Washington Spokane Mission

Monday, February 6, 2012

Members getting involved and Transfer calls!

Querida Familia!!
  Okay, so the weather here has been amazing!  The sun's been shining and 40 degrees has never felt better!!  No snow has fallen and it feels like spring is around the corner.  Sis. Probst and I received transfer calls last night... We both get to stay in East Wenatchee!!  We pretty much figured that's what we would be doing, but it was nice to get the call and know that's what would be happening.  We're really excited because the investigators we have are so close and we're really excited to still be working with them.
  Speaking of which.. Here's an update on them!!  The Lopez Family: Pretty calm week for them... We had a lesson with the whole family on Keeping the Sabbath Day holy and we did an object lesson with ice cream "Sundays".  It made sense to them and it was one they really enjoyed.  Maria came to church yesterday, so we're still working with her to try and get her closer to where she can and knows she should be.  We gave the family a children's Book of Mormon story book and they've been reading that with the little kids.  They're doing great!  Alberto y Mari:  They are learning a ton and Mari comes up with lots of questions.  All good.  They didn't come to church yesterday though... We're working with Alberto to help him understand a little bit more.  Mari's reading in the BOok of Mormon and we're trying to get them both to do it.  I love working with them. James Dable:  still going through tough times... We've seen him  a couple of different times, but havent' been able to sit down and meet with him. 
  The members this week have really been getting involved... In Rocky Reach Ward we had two member dinners this week where they had a friend there with them.  One of them, Allen, is a really good guy with just lots of questions about life and so we taught him a little at the dinner and then we had another lesson with him yesterday and talked about the Plan of Salvation.  It's so cool to see the members getting involved!  They're getting kind of excited and it's cool to hear and see the different opportunities they have to share the gospel with their friends.
  This past week I started reading the Book of Mormon again.. But this time, I'm going through and marking it up with every time it mentions Christ, every action Christ does, every time Christ speaks, his attributes, and when it mentions his gospel.   Lots of different things, but already it's amazing to see that literally on every page it talks about Jesus Christ.  The Book of Mormon really is another testament of Jesus Christ.  Every page in some way testifies or talks about him.  I'm almost through 1 Nephi, but it's amazing to see the difference in me when reading.  Every morning I'm excited to read it and already I can feel my love and appreciation for the savior growing more and more. 
  I love this gospel.  I love my Savior. He knows each and every single one of us.  He's given us the scriptures that we can learn more of him.  This week in a lesson we read Alma 32 with an investigator and I had a "woah! Duh!" moment... Alma 32:40-43.  Read the scriptures and learn more about Christ and his Atonement and then when you do that you will come to know him better and be able to feel his love.  That's the blessing and promise of the scriptures.  I love it!
  I love you all and am grateful for all of you! Have a great week!
 
Love,
  Hermana Haws