Sharing the Gospel in the Washington Spokane Mission

Monday, June 18, 2012

June Finding!

Querida familia!
  What a fantastic week, right? :)   The sun's been shining and things are going very well here in the quaint little town of Warden.  Have I told you that I love this town?  :)  Well, here's a summary of the week and how everything's going...
  Geraldine:  She's been super stressed out with things so she hasn't been as free to read, but we were able to have a good lesson with her this week on prayer and how that is a way that will help us get through hard times. Daisy: She was able to come to church yesterday!  She had to leave after sacrament, but she said that she liked it and a member came up and asked if she would see her the next week and Daisy said yes, so that's always a good thing.  We really have to keep things basic with her, but that's a really good thing.  Monica and Adolfo: New family this week! They are awesome. She's a potential that we've had for about a month that we haven't been able to find at home.  He's a former investigator.  Well, we were finally able to get in and talk with her and then a couple days later we went back to remind them about church and we had the chance to meet him as well.  They are great.  Adolfo is looking for more peace in his life, something that will help his family more.  We were able to talk about the gospel of Jesus Christ with them and it was a pretty powerful lesson.  We invited them to be baptized and they said that it's a big step and that they need to make some changes first and they need to know if this is something that will help their family.  It was one of those moments when you feel exactly how much Heavenly Father loves them and we were there to express that love. I told Adolfo that I knew that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is the best thing that could help his family, that this is the way they can be stronger and more united.  We've only met with the family once, but already I love them and want to help them so much.  We left them with the commitment to honestly pray and ask about the things we've shared with them to know if it is something they should continue to pursue and make it more of a priority.  Cristi: starts work in the fields this week, so she said that we can't come by like we usually do.  We're hoping to still be able to meet with her and Cesar in the evenings. We were able to talk with her about the Plan of Salvation this week; I love being able to teach that lesson.
   Oh! Daily Dose this week!  We had ten new students this week!! :) That was pretty exciting and now we're having to meet twice a week.  One of the lessons that we taught this week was "How to Say a Prayer in English" so that was a good chance to talk with all of them about a basic gospel principle.  We'll see how this next week goes!
 I love being out here and helping and serving!  This is a great time to be out and about, helping anyone that we can.  I love you all! Thanks for all your love, support, and everything.  Dad, Happy Birthday this week!  I was also super excited to hear about Lindsay's boyfriend, Jessee.  Tell him congratulations as well.  The gospel is true and I love it!  Have a great week! Love you!

Love,
  Hermana Haws