Dear Family!!
I made it to Spokane!!! :) This has been the craziest, busiest week of my life, but so far I love it and am so grateful for all that I have experienced. The next 18 months are going to be great!! Last Monday we got off the airplane and there were tons of missionaries leaving and so there were a lot of hugs and handshakes going around. :) I came up in a group of 14 missionaries (8 english, 5 spanish, and 1 marshelese.) :) It's a good group! As soon as we got out of the terminal, Pres. and Sis. Palmer were there to give us hugs and handshakes and it was so nice to see them and to feel the instantaneous love they have for us! I love them already. :) They took us straight from the airport to downtown Spokane and paired us up with other missionaries and we went "Fear Busting". Basically we got to go Street contacting for the first hour and a half. I actually was not as scared as I thought I'd be, so it was a great experience. :) The rest of the day we had lunch and training and dinner and FHE with the Palmers and then we spent the night with some members. Hna C and I stayed with the Humbles. Dad, they said their kids went to MV...But I forgot their names. :) But they knew you! haha
On Tuesday we got to meet our trainers!! I love Hermana Riggs!!! She is absolutely amazing and I learn so much from her everyday. She gives me plenty of opportunity to talk and practice my spanish and she's a great trainer. She's been out for 13 months and she's been in this area for about 5 or 6 I think... She's awesome and everybody loves her and you can tell that she really loves the people too. :) We work in the Spokane Valley area and it's just awesome. :)
Well, Tuesday night we went to work. :) We had 3 lessons our first night and they are all great. I met Sonia, who has a date set for May 28th... she is awesome and everytime we teach her I come away learning more from here. She has four kids, but her living situation is a little sticky right now, but she knows what has to happen before she can get baptized and said that her 'husband' will have to move out or they will get married before the 28th. Yeah, she's awesome. :) Eduardo and Viviana are a 60ish year old couple and they have read almost all of the Book of Mormon but they haven't been to church yet. We took them on a church tour on Friday and they really liked the building. The problem is that Eduardo works in his brother's restaurant on Sundays... But, he asked for a different day, so we'll se what happens. I love them and they are very patient with my spanish. :) haha We also have Agustin who is awesome and his own worst enemy... We had a really good lesson with him on Tuesday though and he came to church yesterday and the gospel principles lesson was perfect for him.
I love this work and am so glad to be here! We have a small but strong brach, the Indiana Branch, and they are all really nice. We've eaten with the members a couple of times and they're great. I had to bear my testimony yesterday in sacrament meeting and that was good experience... My heart was pounding so hard! haha
Thank you all for your love and support! I love you all and keep you in my prayers!
Love,
Hermana Haws