Dear Family!!
I can hardly believe it, but this past transfer has just flown by and last night we received transfer calls. I will be staying here in the valley with sis. Young but Sis. Young is training this transfer and so we'll be getting a new companion tomorrow. We're both way excited for it. :) We went "fear busting" this morning with the new missionaries and so we saw who the two new spanish sisters are, and tomorrow we'll find out who gets to stay with us in the valley. I am so excited to be serving another transfer with Sis. Young... She is just so awesome!!
This week has been super busy!! Especially yesterday... We had a ward activity in the Pines ward on Saturday and Alena came to that with her daughter Lyla. Everybody in the ward is so great with her. :) She didn't come to church yesterday though b/c she wasn't feeling very well. One of our new investigators, Jennifer, came to church yesterday with her three kids. She is amazing and she called and told us yesterday that even though she's attended the LDS church before in a lot of different places, this is the one that she's felt "at home and right" in. She also told us that she knew that her daughter, Fiona who is 7, needs to get baptized when she turns 8. And she says that baptism "is not out of the picture for her." Talk about a change of heart! Or the difference of having an open heart and mind. It was so great!
I had to give the training in district meeting this past friday and yesterday we both had to talk in the Pines Ward. On Saturday Bro. Gonzalez called us and asked if one of us could give a talk in the next day. I volunteered and I got to talk in Spanish on revelation. It was a pretty cool experience, that's for sure... Talk about praying with all your might that Heavenly Father will give you the gift of tongues when you need it! He really does help out his missionaries :)
This week in one of our lessons with a less active family we were talking about the Book of Mormon and how we can know it's true. Sis. Young was talking about how the Holy Ghost helped her reason out in her mind that the Book of Mormon was true. Logically it all just came to make sense to her and that's how it was confirmed to her that it was true. It was a little bit different for me... It's interesting to hear and see how differently the Spirit works with everyone.
Well, I think that's about it for the week! I love you all so much and am glad to hear that everybody is doing so well!! Love you all!
Love,
Hermana Haws