Dear Family!!
Sorry for no email yesterday... We change our pdays so that pdays aren't on holidays. More families are home on holidays so it's better for us to find... Or at least that's what they tell us. :) And apparently it's true because we did find some people yesterday that we haven't been able to find in a while!! It was a good day and a good week. :) First off, I saw Sis. Willis yesterday at church!! Her mom is in the Pines ward and they were visiting and it was such a surprise to see her and her husband! I gave them a big hug so hopefully they take it back to you. :) It was kinda weird to see someone that I knew from home... Weird, but good. :)
I guess the most exciting news for the week is that Adrian is on date!! He is Sonia's ten year old son and we finally talked to Sonia and she felt like he's ready to be baptized and that the Holy Ghost will help him to choose the right. He's on date for July 30!! He's excited and the only think that would be better is if Jonny, his brother, could be baptized with him. Eventually :) This family is so great :) I love them!!
Alena is fantastic still... We taught her the Law of Chastity this week and she agreed with it, so now she's just gotta talk to her fiance, Brandon, and see what they can do to have a wedding sooner than they were planning. :) She said she'd be fine with just a court house wedding, but we'll see... We need to start talking to Brandon and figure out what his deal is.. But Alena has the best support system behind her. Brandon's parents are super excited for her and she loves church, and she is just so awesome. The gospel is awesome and it changes lives!! I'm so lucky to be here to witness it :)
We got another investigator this week from the Part Member Family list... Justin is less active and his wife Jennifer is open. She's had lessons with the missionaries before and has attended church, but somethings just haven't clicked for her yet. She had issues with a modern day prophet but we just talked to her about that and how God is the same yesterday, today, and forever and that prophets are important for all eras. And yesterday we had a lesson with them and we talked about the Book of Mormon and Moroni's promise and we explained the promise that if she read the Book of Mormon and asked if it was true, she would get an answer. A light bulb just clicked for her.. She looked at us and said, "That's what that means? I've had missionaries tell me that verse before and ask me to pray to know if it was true, but I didn't know what I was praying for to know was true! That makes way more sense now!" Sis Young and I just looked at each other and smiled. Seriously, the Book of Mormon is everything and it's so important to have a testimony of it. I'm just starting to realize how important it is. :)
Last monday we got to go to Coeur d'Alene with Sis Palmer. It was beautiful!! She took us and the Liberty Lake sisters and the Hayden Lake sisters. We went on a little nature walk/hike and had lunch and then went to the resort that's there and had this dessert thing. Such a fun day!! :) Sis Palmer is amazing and I learn so much from her. :) Her and President Palmer are such a great team :)
I think that's about it for the week!! Thank you all for everything! I love you!!
Love,
Hermana Haws
PS. Happy Birthday Grandpa Whetten!! And Happy Birthday to Brielle this past Sunday!! Love you!