Dear Family!! :)
As I'm sure you couldn't already tell from the subject heading, it was another great week!! :) There is so much going on here and Sis. Young and I are super busy!! We're trying to balance between the english ward and the spanish branch, but I think this week was a little heavy on the english side. There's just so much to do!!
But first of all, this week was my first zone conference!! It was in Coeur D'Alene and the trainings that we received were so good! Sis. Palmer gave a training on the importance of having an organized and inspired baptisimal service and the benefits that occur from doing everything in advanced. Pres. Palmer gave us one on the Doctrine of Christ- Our Missionary Purpose. Our purpose as missionaries is the exact same as the gospel of Jesus Christ that he taught and that we are supposed to teach. We did lots of practices on inviting people to be baptized and on resolving doubts when they are raised. When we had to split up into groups to do role playing Pres. Palmer was observing our group and he just is amazing. The way he teaches, you can just tell that he loves the missionaries and loves missionary work and will do all that he can to help us learn. But he's really good about helping us teach ourselves. Then the AP's did a training on a program that the mission is doing in July... We have a mission wide goal for every companionship to find the elect and those who are prepared and have a goal for every companionship to have a baptism on July 30. The whole mission has the same goal and we're doing a mission wide fast and mission wide prayer every morning. We are so excited for this month!! At the end of the training we watched a video from an MTC fireside from Elder Holland... It was so good and he talked about how we as missionaries need to become converted to the message that we are sharing and gain a testimony of the gospel of Christ before we can share it with others. At the end of our missions, we should see the greatest growth in ourselves. It's so true and I'm grateful for the opportunity and to learn and grow more here on the mission.
Our investigators are doing good... Alena came to church again, even though her fiance Brandon didn't. She is awesome! We taught her the Word of Wisdom this week and she accepted to live it. She loves church and is just so excited every week. :) I love her so much!! We still have some things to work through, so keep her in your prayers! We also started teaching a less active family that has unbaptized kids and they're great. Love them!! In spanish work this week we found an apartment complex that has tons of spanish, so this week we picked up two new spanish investigators. Fantastic!! :)
This week Sis. Young and I found a real, true authentic mexican food restaurant, so we were pretty excited about that. :) haha I love her and learn so much from her! We also have plenty of laughs throughout the day, which I am extremely grateful for. :) Today we're going with the Liberty Lake sisters and Sis. Palmer to Coeur D'Alene, so I'll take some pics and send them home sometime soon. :) Happy Birthday to Brielle on Sunday!! :) Love you all!! :)
Love,
Hermana Haws