Family!!! :)
I hope that you all have had a wonderful week!! :) Happy Father's Day, yesterday, to all the boys. :) And Happy Birthday to Dad on Thursday!! Some members asked us if we got to call home on Father's Day too and we had to tell them no... They were really confused about that. :) But, I love you dad and am grateful for all that you have taught me through the years. :)
So this week we've been really busy... We finally got our goal of 20 lessons!! We've been super busy now that we have the Pines ward but I love it. Sis. Young and I were talking this morning and we couldn't believe that we're already half way through the transfer. It's flown by!! But this week we picked up a new english investigator, Ryan. His wife is a member and very active and he comes every week with her. He just doesn't know if the "mormon thing is for [him] yet". We were talking about him to the WML and he knew who he was but didn't know that he wasn't a member. We're excited to start working with him. Part member families are awesome! I'm just starting to find this out... :) Alena is still doing great... Really, she is awesome and I love her. :) Last Monday we talked to her about "Jehovah" (she used to be Jehovah's witness) and let's just say that with her fiance there it didn't go over so well... It wasn't horrible it just wasn't great. So we had another appointment with her on Thursday and we decided that we just weren't going to bring it up again but while we were talking to her she brought it up and said, "So I was talking to Brandon about the whole Jehovah thing, and I just decided that it doesn't matter. I'll get used to it." She says it with such a big smile on her face and then we taught the Plan of Salvation and she just loved it. She came to church yesterday and loved the whole thing. Honestly the biggest obstacle for her right now is, well she's living with her fiance, but Brandon (who is less active) doesn't really want to change. But he comes with her and so I think with time he'll come around too. Alena loved church yesterday and she already knew a lot of the members so fellowship for her is easy. Plus she's super friendly and can make friends with everyone. I wish you all could meet her. :) She is prepared and we are so lucky to be working with her. In Preach My Gospel it talks about how the Lord is preparing people for us to find and teach and I really do believe that. :)
For Spanish we are still trying to find more new investigators... We contacted a Less active in the Pines ward who is living with a spanish man and they were both really open to us coming back over. She speaks perfect spanish too so we may have a new 'family' for spanish. Love it! AND, she knows where a lot of spanish people live and so we are totally going to be finding some more new investigators soon... At least we hope. :) haha But we have seen a lot of miracles happen and know that they are blessings from the Lord.
We've been meeting lots of members in the Pines ward and they are just great. There's an older couple by the name of Oyler and Brother Oyler really just reminds me of dad. Everybody's best friend and isn't afraid to say things they way they are. :) ha
Love it all! Thank you so much for the letters and love and support! I hope things calm down with the fires soon... Tell everyone hi at the reunion! Love you all!
Love,
Hermana Haws