Dear Family!! :)
Another great week here in Washington! The weather is beautiful (almost) every day and the work is great and I have awesome companions! What more could a missionary ask for? :) This has been a pretty busy week, so here's the scoop on what's going on!
This past Thursday I got to go to the New Missionary training again because Sis. Young is training Sis. Linn and Pres. Palmer asked me if I'd like to go and I said Absolutely! Although the trainings are titled for the new missionaries, it's such a great time to still go and practice and learn. Loved it! Also on Thursday we kind of did splits and Hermana Young and Hna Linn went and taught Sonia and I went and tracted with one of the Laurels in the ward. It was actually a really good experience for everyone. Sis. Linn got to practice teaching in just a two person companionship and while we were tracting the laurel (Asia Conrad) got just about every welcome you could expect from tracting. We got the invitation to come back and teach and the door slammed in our face after a very resounding No, they would not like to listen to our message and lots of people not home. It's kinda neat to go out with the youth and to have them get to see every aspect of missionary work. And we got a return appointment, so a successful hour of tracting! :) haha
As far as our investigators go, Adrian is not going to be getting baptized this Saturday... We just felt like we were pushing him into it and we've been kinda worried about it all week and then we were talking to him on Saturday and we asked him how he felt about waiting and as soon as we said that we all just felt so much better about it not happening right now. Heavenly Father knows what's best for all of his children and he will let us know how best to help them. That was kind of a cool experience for all of us to really feel the Spirit confirming things that we need to know. BUT, we also found a new spanish investigator named Marco Vernavino and we've taught him three times already and he accepted a baptismal date for August 30! He's very smart and asks a lot of questions but he is a very independent thinker and knows what he needs to do to find out for himself. We've had some pretty powerful lessons with him already so we're really looking forward to see how things develop in the next few weeks! Jennifer had another great Sunday at church and she's just doing awesome :) Alena is still progressing and is still just being a stalwart example for her fiance... Keep all of them in your prayers! :)
And last bit of exciting news... We got a text from the Assistants this week saying that an apostle is coming to the mission on August 16th! And we found out at the new missionary training that it'll be Elder L. Tom Perry!! :) We will be having a mission wide conference so everyone can come hear him! I'm kind of excited about that... :)
Thank you all for everything! I love you and am so grateful for everything you have done for me, both before my mission and now while I'm out here. I have the best family and friends ever! Love you!
Love,
Hermana Haws