Dear Family!
Two things... 1) I can't believe it's already October! Where has the time gone?? and 2) I just completed my 4th transfer and now my 5th transfer is here... Honestly, where doest the time go??
First things first... Transfer calls were last night and I'm staying in the Valley for at least another transfer!! Sis. Young is leaving to go second train an english sister... Sis. Perez is coming here and she will be my new companion. She was Hermana Christoffersen's (my MTC comp) trainer. I was really surprised when we got the call, but I'm really glad to be staying here. I will miss Sis. Young though, that's for sure. But, I know there are reasons why we go where we go, so I'm excited to see what's in store for this transfer.
General Conference was amazing this weekend! I loved the talk by Elder Christofferson about repentance and I really enjoyed Elder Cook's from the Seventy about Looking Upwards. How true is that statement? We never will find answers on the floor, but when we look up and look to Christ, the tasks at hand become a lot easier to handle. It was a really good reminder for me.
We had an exchange with the Plummer sisters this weekend and Sis. Hinkson came up here... She is 100% herself all the time and I loved it. She is such a great person and loves to teach the gospel. I learned a lot from her. This week we were also in a temporary threesome. Sis. Tekanene from Curabis came and stayed with us b/c her companion/trainer was a temple square sister. Actually, Sis. Tekanene is the sister that Sis. Young will be second training. It was kind of fun getting that call last night when they had already been serving together for the past couple of days.
Now, onto the investigators. Jessica is doing awesome! Her baptism is scheduled for this Saturday at 7:00pm. She's like a little kid in a candy shop whenever she gets to talk about it. Her husband, Josh, is slowly coming around and promised that he would come to the baptism. She came to conference and loved it! I love her and it's so awesome to think of all the progress she's made so far. Cool thing with her, her family in NY is not supportive at all of her getting baptized, but after a few talks with her mom and dad, Jessica received a Triple (BOM, D&C, Pearl of Great Price) from her mom. Slowly they're coming around...
I love being a missionary! There's no greater work and I'm so grateful for everything the gospel offers. I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Hermana Haws