Querida Familia!!
Feliz Ano Nuevo!! I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating New Year's! We had a good time up here and woke up yesterday morning with snow on the ground! What a great welcome to the New Year. On Saturday night we got to pick and watch a movie from the choices of 17 Miracles, The 5000 Day project: Two Brothers, or The Other Side of Heaven. Our district chose 17 Miracles so then we went over to the Pedersen's house (the Eastmont Ward mission leader) and had dinner and watched it. Yesterday at church we had great talks on choices and setting goals in the new year to make the best choices we can. Starting the year off going to church, what a great way to start off the New Year!
Alberto Gutierrez went to church yesterday so that was good. That's his second time to come to church. We had a lesson with him this week and invited him to be baptized but he said that he would but needed to know more first. We have another lesson set up with him this week. The Lopez family were planning on coming to church but then Maria's extended family showed up right before they were going to leave. It was her birthday yesterday and they all wanted to surprise her. There have been some changes in the home and it just feels more peaceful. We had a really good lesson with them on faith this week and then we set goals for something we could all do to work on our faith. They're really starting to gain their own testimony. It's exciting to see!
We found a couple of new investigators this week that we're excited about. We've only had one lesson with them, but have lots of return appointments this week. So, remember Miguel? The guy we found on Christmas Eve? He's awesome!! We met with him last Monday night and he told us that he had gotten confused at what time the church started. He thought it started at 9:30, but his wife thought it started at 10:45. There are wards that meet at both of those times... His ward starts at 10:45, so when he got there at like 10:40, he saw people leaving (from the 9:30ward) and so he thought he'd missed it! When Sis. Probst and I heard that we were so sad!! But we had a really good lesson with him Monday night and gave him a Book of Mormon. And then he left Tuesday to go up to Alaska and work on the fishing boats up there, and so he could be gone for up to the next three months. He took his Book of Mormon though and said that he really wanted to read it. When we were talking about the Restoration and were explaining the apostasy, it totally clicked for him... "THAT's why there are so many churches! I've always wondered that..." Sis. Probst and I were pretty excited. :) So, we'll go back and visit his wife this week and try our best to teach her while he's gone.
Another good and busy week... This week we have a lot of meetings to go to. On Thurs we have a trainer/new missionary meeting in the morning and that afternoon I have to go to leadership training. All the trainers, District leaders, and zone leaders have to go. Then all day Friday we have another leadership training. I'm not sure what we're doing, but I'm sure it will be great.
Love you all!! Sounds like you all had a great Christmas and I love hearing from you! I love the new year and the chance we have to really set some goals and what we want to achieve in a year's time. I love my Savior and the chance I have to serve him. He's given me, and all of us, so much!! I hope you all have a wonderful week and a great year! I love you all! Thanks for everything!
Love,
Hermana Haws