Sharing the Gospel in the Washington Spokane Mission

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

SNOW!!

Querida Familia!!
  Okay, so winter is finally here in full force!!! We've had almost two feet in the  past week...  It's been quite the experience and I am becoming quite the good little snow driver. I'm just grateful that I have a companion who knows how to drive in the snow.  And, she told me she's actually really impressed with how well I'm doing.  It's quite an adventure but I love it.  We've gotten stuck a few times but more often then not we have the chance to help out a lot of people that are stuck in the snow or are shoveling their driveways.  We actually have a church tour set up this week with a guy that we helped push out of the snow Sunday night.  I guess there are some advantages to this cold, white stuff. :)
  This past week we received a challenge from the stake president here to go through our formers and go back and try all of the formers that were taught two or more lessons in the past 18 months.   Sis. Probst and I have been working on that and we already have two appointments set up for this week.  We're excited to keep working through them!
  Investigators!! :)  Lopez family:  Still working on some word of wisdom issues, especially Eutiquio.  Keep them in your prayers.  We had  a really good lesson with them last Monday and we talked about the Holy Ghost.  Maria told us that she wants to get baptized but she feels like she needs to  forgive some people first.  They're coming... Slowly but surely they are coming.  ALberto and Mary:  They are reading in the Book of Mormon and Mary is opening up to us more and more.  They do their reading assignments together and call us when they have questions.  They are doing awesome!  James Dable: Finally had a real lesson with him last night... He has a lot of really good questions and so far he's reading in the Book of Mormon and praying.  We're really excited to keep working with him!  
  We are definitely blessed here!!  I love this area and my companion and the members.  We are so blessed.  Today we got to go up to the Spokane temple and that makes for a long day, but it's totally worth it.  In the Celestial Room I was reading Alma 5 and in verses 45(?)-48 it talks about how Alma gained his testimony of Jesus Christ and then in vs. 49 it talks about how now he has the job to go out and preach it.  That's missionary work!  We all have that testimony of Jesus Christ and now we have the chance and are encouraged to share it.  This church is true and I am so grateful for it!!
  I love you all and am grateful for all of you!  Have a great week!!

Love,
  Hermana Haws