Sharing the Gospel in the Washington Spokane Mission

Monday, July 2, 2012

exchanges and finding!

Querida familia!!

  Oh man, oh man, what a busy week this has been!  But, it's been great :) On Friday, President and Sister Palmer left the mission and President and Sister Mullen came into the mission.  We get the chance to meet Pres. and Sis. Mullen tomorrow and so I'm pretty excited for that.  Even though I won't have the chance to serve with them for very long, I'm still excited to get to know them and serve with them.
  Well, since last we got to go to the temple last Tuesday, it wasn't quite as long of a week, but we still had lots to do.  Let me tell you about it :)  Daisy: We were able to catch her at home this week and we were able to talk with her about the Plan of Salvation.  She also told us that she had talked to her boyfriend a little bit more and that she told him why she wanted to be baptized and he seemed to soften a little bit more to that.  That was good.  So, we've been giving her little reading assignments with questions to answer, that way she really can comprehend what she's reading.  Geraldine:  We were able to teach her this week! We talked about the 10 Commandments and church and we invited her on a church tour and she said that she's still working up to that.  Ah! She's awesome and I just want her to come so badly so that she can feel the spirit there and feel those same feelings that she feels when we're there. Ashanti and Dorothy:  I think they are the one African American family in Warden and I love them. :) Ashanti takes care of her mom, Dorothy, and they were taught briefly by missionaries before.  They were potentials from a couple of weeks ago, but we were finally able to get in with them and teach them.  We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and then went back and forth from the Bible and the Book of Mormon to demonstrate that they both teach and testify of the same thing.  When we were talking about baptism, they asked us, "The other missionaries said that we would have to be baptized again.  Why would they say that?"  So we briefly went over the restoration of the priesthood authority with them and they just accepted it.  "Oh, well that makes sense," is what they told us... Sweet!  And when we were finished talking about the gospel they both looked at us and Dorothy said, "I'm glad you came over today and taught us. I like it. And if I need to be baptized again, so be it."  They are so awesome and we talked to them a little bit about know the truth for themselves and how that's only possible through reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it to know of its truthfulness.   Pretty sweet lesson.
  Well, I think that's about it for the week.  Oh! Yesterday the person that we usually have translate in the spanish branch wasn't there so I got to do that... Talk about nerve wracking! I was praying so hard the whole time, so hopefully the english members in there were able to understand a little bit and were able to feel the spirit from the members who bore their testimonies.  Sis. Ziegler and I also got to teach Gospel Doctrine in the branch and next week we get to talk in sacrament meeting.  And then the next week I get to talk in the English ward. Busy, busy! But that's the way it needs to be. :)  
  I love you all! Thanks for everything!  Have a great week!

Love,
  Hermana Haws