Querida Familia!
I know you all have already been dealing with the summer heat, but it's finally hit us here in Warden! We've reached triple digits and let me say, there's a difference in walking around in it all day. :) Last night when we got home to our house, our thermostat said that it was 90 degrees inside! Deveney, sound familiar? :) Needless to say, we have our AC on now so hopefully it'll start working soon. But, despite the heat and fun tan lines I'm getting, especially on my feet, it's been a great week and I'm excited to share it with you! So, here it goes:
Geraldine: We taught her about the Word of Wisdom this week and she doesn't have any problems with it. It's weird though because we would talk about it with her and she would say she doesn't have a problem with it, but then she would bring up her husband and say the problems he has with it. We're not quite sure what's up with that, but we're working with her. I'm convinced that she is super prepared, but is just scared by it because of how fast she's accepting everything. But, we'll keep working with her because you can see how much she does like it, but is just scared to fully embrace it. Daisy: We taught her the 10 Commandments this week and went through them really slowly. For her, everything is so new... But she asks great questions when she starts to get so she can better understand it, so that's great. Still working with her and her boyfriend though. Maria: So Maria is a new investigator. We tracted her out like our first week here, but we've never been able to catch her home. Well, this week we did and we had an amazing lesson with her! We taught her the Restoration and when we were talking about the Apostasy and she asked us, "Is that why there are so many churches?" And we said yes, and then she proceeded to say, "Well, that's not right. There should only be one." WHAT?! Yeah, I had a hard time believing she got it that easy. But, it was awesome! Some of the other investigators that we have who we were trying to figure out if we needed to keep working with them or not made some promising steps this week, so we're excited. We were talking with a couple of potentials and we talked to them about the Book of Mormon and church and then we gave them a copy of the Book of Mormon and he opened it up, had me explain how it was set up, and then proceeded to read from 1 Nephi 1. As he was reading, he was explaining it to us, checking to make sure he understood. It was awesome! I know that Heavenly Father is preparing people and that he loves his children and wants them to have the blessings of the gospel in their lives. Warden is doing great!
Well, this week we were also able to meet our new mission president and his family! On Tuesday, Pres. and Sis. Mullen came with their three youngest kids and we were able to talk with them. They introduced themselves, show us some family pics of things they like to do and then all of them had a chance to bear their testimonies. After that we had a chance to ask them any questions we wanted and they had a chance to do the same. Then Pres. Mullen asked that all the missionaries that are going home this transfer get up and bear their testimonies. Yep, that meant yours truly. I love this work and all the changes that take place and all the people you grow to love. I love the chance to serve our Savior and to learn how I can become a better person and that the more we learn about hte atonement, and the more we help our investigators learn about the power of the atonement, that's when true conversion happens and they can feel how much he loves them. At the end of the meeting, Pres. Mullen got up and gave us his expectations. This is what he said he expects from us:
1) Be obedient
2) Work hard
3) Follow the inspirations and guidance of the Holy Ghost
4) Do your very best
5) And then let that be enough
At first I was kind of bummed to get a new mission president for the last part of my mission, but now I'm super excited for the Mullens and to see what happens. It's great! This week we have interviews with them, so it'll be great.
At first I was kind of bummed to get a new mission president for the last part of my mission, but now I'm super excited for the Mullens and to see what happens. It's great! This week we have interviews with them, so it'll be great.
Well, I think that's about it for the week! I hope you all have a great week! I love you all so much!
Love,
Hermana Haws