Mi familia!! :)
It has been so good to hear from you this week. :) Today I mailed a letter that has some pics in it, so be sure to have a look at those. :) So far, everything here has been going great. :) The weather has been beautiful!! We've had snow a couple of times up here, but it's not too bad because you really just have to walk to the classroom and lunchroom and then you're inside all day. I love walking in the snow and getting to touch actual snow, not the icy stuff that we have in AZ. My companion is from VA so she just laughs at me everyday. Don't worry mom, I'm staying plenty warm and the coat I have is WONDERFUL!! :) Bring on Spokane!!
This week we have done a lot of teaching... We've really been working on the first lesson, the Restoration, and have had plenty of opportunities to teach it. Every lesson has been different and we have learned a lot from every single one. One of the biggest things me and Hma Christoffersen have noticed is that prayer is a huge thing and it's super important to start off each lesson with a prayer. Every Saturday we get to go down to the TRC (Teaching Resource Center) and we get to teach people who are given a scenario and we teach according to their needs. It's very good practice and it gives us something to work for throughout the week. The beginning task is supposed to be in spanish, so this week we had to meet someone is spanish and bear testimony to them and then we had to teach the first lesson in english. This coming week we have to be able to find out about them and set up an appointment with them to come back and then we teach the first lesson again. Role playing is very important here and we do it all the time. I'm starting to learn to like it. :)
Spanish is coming along... They teach us the different tenses and then it's up to us to study the vocab for what will help our investigators. We have an appointment with the tutor this week on Saturday to get some help on structuring sentences for the second lesson. I love it! The focus here is all about the investigators and teaching to their needs and planning for them. Even though they aren't real, they want us to get into the habit now. :)
I'm learning so much here!! With the spanish, preach my gospel, and personal scripture study, it's crazy how much I've already learned and I'm barely finishing off my second week. :) I know that I wouldn't be able to learn as much as I have without Heavenly Father's help and so I am extremely grateful for him and all his help. :)
Every week in RS we have a woman from one of the general boards come and speak to us. This week we had Sis. Ann M. Dibb. :) She gave such a good talk about thinking about the needs of an investigator. Tuesday nights we have devotionals with a General Authority and last Tuesday we had Elder Patrick Kearon from the first quorum of the Seventy. He also taught about the investigators needs. Ongoing theme we need to think lots about? I'll say so. :)
Glad to hear that Stake Conference went well! I heard the music was great and congrats to mom and dad for giving great talks. :) You both complimented each other in your letters to me, so I'm sure they were great. :) Deveney, how's your foot doing? Still have the scooter? :)
MTC life is still good and the food hasn't gotten to me yet. :) I love my companion and am grateful for the chance I have to work with her. Today someone asked us if we knew each other before our missions b/c we talk and tease each other so much that we both laughed and just said no. :) I thought that was funny. :) Thank you all for your letters and support! I love you all so much!!
Love,
Hermana Haws
No comments:
Post a Comment