Sharing the Gospel in the Washington Spokane Mission

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 4!!

Hello family!! :)

  Can you believe that I have already been here for FOUR weeks?!  Tomorrow is my one month mark!  It's crazy to think how fast time is going right now... It seems like the first week took as long as these last three have. :)
  This is been kind of a crazy week.  Last Wednesday there were some changes in our district and Hna Morgan's call got changed to English speaking.  Which meant that Hna Peak was companionless and so she joined Hna C and I and now we are all one new companionship! It was weird at first but we are getting used to it and we're starting to teach well together. :)  It's kinda nice to have two people to study things out in preparation for lessons and we're definitely getting used to it. :)
  I saw KATIE PICO this week!!  She left a note on my classroom board Friday night and then she came and found me on Saturday night!!!  It was kinda weird to see someone that I really know in the MTC but it was awesome!!  I gave her a big hug and told her to tell everybody hi from me. :) 
  So this week we had kind of a neat learning experience as a companionship.  We were planning for one of our 'progressing investigators', Brittany, and we didn't really know what to do with her so Hna C suggested that we all say an individual prayer.  After our individual prayers we talked about how we all felt and what we were impressed to talk to Brittany about.   Hna Peak said that she felt really strongly about the temple.  Hna C said that she was impressed to talk about Luke 7 where Christ knows us individually.  I felt like there we just needed to bear stong and firm testimony with Brittany.  She has 'had' a lot of the lessons, reads the Book of Mormon and so we didn't really wanna talk about any of that stuff.  But once we all shared ideas, we definitely felt that testimonies was the best way to go with her.  So yesterday we had the opportunity to teach her and we each bore testimony on our respective subjects.  I shared mine about the Book of Mormon and shared with her 3 Nephi 27:28-30--> my mission answer scriptures.  I just related the whole experience to her and bore my testimony that our heavenly father knows us individually and loves us all.  The spirit was very strong and we all got a little emotional at different times.  BUT, let it be known, I did NOT cry, just almost.  Dang sister missionaries and their tears. :)  haha  But it really was a special experience and one of the best opportunities I have had by far to teach.  This gospel is true and it helps us so much in our lives.  I really believe that the reason I am out here on a mission is to help people know that we have a loving heavenly father and that he loves each of us and cares for each of us deeply.  I'm so grateful for that love and the opportunity we all have to feel that love every day. :)
  Have I ever mentioned that we don't have to work in the referral center at all??  :)  There's missionaries that are called to do that now and that's what their mission call is.  Just thought you all might like to know that. :) haha  Brent, I know how much you loved it and i'm sorry I don't get to experience the same joy that you had in it. :)  haha
  I love you all!!  Thank you for the letters and support!  I have the best family in the world!

Love,
  Hermana Haws

No comments: