Hola mi familia!! :)
In the land of snow and unknown weather, things are still going great up here in the MTC!! Spanish is still coming along, lessons are still coming along, and I'm getting more and more excited throughout the days for when I finally get to go to Washington!! Thank you to everyone who has sent me letters :) They're always a great addition to the day... Hope you enjoyed the pics last week! That's so exciting to hear about Keegan! I can't wait to see pics of him :)
Last Tuesday night at our General authority devotional we had Bishop Edgley came and he gave a good talk about being the best missionary you can be and never fully realizing the full impact you can have on a person or their family. He said that even though you're converting individuals, you are bringing families to the gospel. I really liked that thought... However, as good of a talk as it was, it was kinda flat because an hour before the devotional we had a really special experience as a district. One of the hermanas in our district was talking to a member of the zone presidency and he asked her if she wanted a blessing of comfort and if others in the district would like one as well. She answered yes so last Tuesday Pres. Hacking came and what he didn't tell the Hermana was that the elders in our district would be the ones giving the blessings. None of the elders in our district had ever given a blessing before so it was kinda comical to see the surprise on their faces and the rush for the white handbooks. It was a very special experience to see these 19 and 20 year olds take their responsibility as priesthood holders so seriously and to see the change in them as they prepared themselves to give these blessings. And all of the elders got to give one. It was pretty sweet how it all worked out. I didn't really feel like I needed one but I got one anyways and I asked Elder Rainford to be the one to give it. Our Heavenly Father is so aware of us and our needs. Some of the things that were said in my blessing were things I needed to hear and other things were said that I didn't know I needed to hear until they were said. We are all children of our Heavenly Father and he loves us and is aware of us and he knows what we need even before we realize what we need. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood and for worthy priesthood holders who can, at a moments notice, give a blessing when asked to do so. I know I didn't do a good job of explaining it, but the whole experience was very powerful and I am so grateful for my district and the members of it. :)
We have had more opportunities to teach this week! :) Some good, some not as good... BUT, I figured something out this week... When going into a lesson, it is super beneficial to go in excited about what we are going to teach. The gospel is great news and is exciting stuff and we have the opportunity to share this great news with people who have never heard of it before! At the beginning of the week I was dreading having to teach one of our "progressing investigators" and the lesson didn't go that well. But, at the TRC Hna C. and I were super excited and the lesson went great. The spirit was there even stronger, and that's the biggest blessing of all. So, I have changed my outlook on how I need to approach teaching our lessons. If we are prepared w/ materials and are excited about what we have to teach, we are more susceptible to the feelings of the spirit and then that gives room to the real teaching that will happen.
I got to do sealings last week at the temple. Right after this we're going to do an endowment session... We've talked a lot this week about Christ so I'm really excited to go and do a session. :) This gospel is true and I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to go and share it with the people in Washington!! :) I love you all so much and am grateful for your love and support!!
Love,
Hermana Haws
No comments:
Post a Comment