Hello family!! :)
Thank you all so much for the birthday cards and wishes and for the package! It definitely made for a fun weekend. :) I love you all and am so grateful for all of you! We had dinner with our Spanish branch President and then last night Jessica and the Berry family surprised us with a birthday cake and then last night Sis. Mulloy (the lady we live with) had made one too! Sis. Young and I are kinda birthday'ed out now :) But it was a good day, and we had a really good stake conference to top it all off! I'm so glad to hear that you guys had a good stake conference as well! Dad, good job on your talks. :)
We had a broadcast stake conference yesterday and it was really good. Elder Snow, Sis. Elaine Dalton, Elder Holland and Pres. Packer talked with all the stakes in WA and Alaska. It was really good and Jennifer came. I think she liked it and there was one talk that was on the home and families and she really liked that one. She had her baptism interview with Elder Haws (yeah, I know it's still funny to me too :) ) yesterday and now everything is a go ahead for this Saturday!! Fiona and Justin are having interviews this week with Bishop Reimer and those are the last things we need to cover. Justin has been smoke free for a week and a half!! This family is amazing. I know I say that every week about them, but they really are. :) This week we went over baptism and confirmation with Jennifer and we asked her why she wanted to be baptized. She told us, "Honestly, I don't really know. I just know it's what I'm supposed to do. It just feels right. Am I getting baptized into a church that I don't know a ton about? Yes! But I know it's true and I can't deny those feelings." Yeah, she's a pretty amazing woman. :) Saturday is going to be a very special day!
Jessica is teetering back and forth. She says she wants to get baptized but then she went to a Lutheran church this weekend and now she's not sure. She says she likes the doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but she likes the way the Lutherans worship. Her husband comes home from Alaska this week and she says that he wants to talk to us and we are more than excited to meet him. She's still reading in the Book of Mormon and praying and so we'll keep visiting. She's so close!
We had an exchange this week with the sisters in Hayden Lake. I stayed here and a Sis. Ginos came up. She is so nice and just wanted to help everyone out. She was a really good example of charity. We went to some people that I've kind of been getting frustrated with, and she just loved and was there to help them. She was a good example for me. :)
Well, I think that's about it for the week! I love you all! I know that I have the best family in the world and I know that I am where I need to be! I love being a missionary and teaching about Christ. There's no greater work! Love you all!
Love,
Hermana Haws