Sharing the Gospel in the Washington Spokane Mission

Monday, September 19, 2011

Hello!

Dear Family!
  What a week!  Lots and lots has gone on and Sis. Young and I feel like we're barely keeping our heads up above the water!  But I'd rather be a busy missionary than not, so no complaints. :)
  Well, first and foremost, Jennifer got baptized on Saturday!!  It was a really neat experience... Although I will admit it didn't go quite the way we planned.  Fiona, the eight year old daughter, got really freaked out by the water and so she didn't end up getting baptized but Jennifer did and she is just so happy now.  On Saturday she and Justin were just totally different people from when we first met them.  Justin got interviewed by Bishop and he was able to baptize her!  I think I was almost as excited about that as Jennifer getting baptized. :)  The Spirit was very strong and you could just tell that she knew she was making the right choice.  Afterwards her and Justin went and walked by the temple and they're making plans to go to the temple to be sealed.  That's the greatest news! I can't even begin to express my love for this family.. Sis Young and I were talking about them this morning and just noticing the changes in them and we both were like, "And we didn't even do anything!  We just witnessed a miracle..."  And it really was.  The changes this family made to be able to get baptized and to baptize have been tremendous and I am so grateful that I was able to be here to witness it. 
  Jessica went to the baptism on Saturday and yesterday we were talking to her at church and she told us that she "felt it at the baptism" and that she wanted to get baptized too. :)  Her husband isn't too excited about it, but we have an appointment with the two of them tomorrow and it'll be good to talk to the two of them. 
  We had more trainings on Teaching in Chapels this week and I'm getting really excited to be able to do them soon.  Also, the Pines ward had their ward training on Mormon.org and the ward is pretty excited about it!  Two more weeks to go!  :)  Speaking of which, how is that going down in AZ?  Have you all made your profiles yet? :) haha We also had an exchange with the Moscow sisters this week and that was quite the experience.  Sis. Choo from Korea was my companion and the exchange ended up going later than we originally planned, so she had to come with me on a couple of spanish lessons.  :)  It was good for me b/c I really had to pay attention to the investigator and what they were saying because I was the only one who understood! Heavenly Father really helped me out :)
  Well, I think that's about it for the week!  I love you all and am grateful for your examples!  Thank you for everything :) Until next week!
 
Love,
  Hermana Haws