Sharing the Gospel in the Washington Spokane Mission

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunshine and Summertime!

Querida familia!
  Well, I guess it's not really summertime for us, but I do get to experience the bi-polar-ness of spring time!  We got up to about 80 degrees yesterday, but then this morning it was raining! I love it all :)  The flowers are out, it smells so great and everything is green and colorful!  If that's not evidence enough that Heavenly Father exists and that he loves us, I don't know what else could.  I love it all! 
  Updates on everybody!  Lamberto y Mari:  we had a couple of really good lessons with them this week.  Mari seems a little more hesitant now, but we had another chance to talk to her about what she needs to do to really find an answer.  We talked about faith and read Alma 32 in our last lesson and she said, "Yeah, but some times life is cruel and it really tries your faith." What was really cool was then Lamberto leaned over to her and said, "yeah, but that's when you really have to read the word and study and give that with God."  It was so cool to see him do that! I love this couple a ton and know that they will soon get the answers that they're praying for.  Amy Atkinson:  She's a new investigator!  We had a Family Home Evening with her family about a month ago in a members home, but then these past couple of weeks the member told us to go back and visit her.  We went back and had a chance to visit with just her and we went over the Plan of Salvation again.  It was a really great lesson.  She had so many questions and really just a hunger to learn.  She would say things like, "Well, I always thought that because God loves all his children, He would give everyone an opportunity to learn about Jesus Christ, if not here on the earth, then somewhere else."  Ding ding ding! The spirit world!  And there were a couple of different times that happened.  She said that her husband isn't quite so gung-ho about religion, and so that's something that we're trying to work on.  He's super nice, but he just hasn't been around religion a lot, and so it's something unfamiliar.  We'll keep working with the both of them.  Also, another cool experience was that she told us, "I almost called and cancelled our meeting today because I really have to clean our basement, but I prayed about it and I really just felt like I shouldn't do that.  I really needed to see you guys.  And I am so glad I did!"  It was a great lesson and we're excited to be working with her.
  We also had an exchange this weekend.  Sis Probst went to Quincy and Sis. Driggs came here with me. It was a really good exchange.  Sis. Driggs and I talked a lot about some of the lessons we've learned on our missions. One thing we both talked about was loving the people.  Everything we do is about others.  We're here to love, teach, serve, and talk with anyone that we can.  I love this gospel.  It really is the way that we can have true happiness.  I love my Savior and for all that we can learn about him.  
  I love you all! Thanks for your support!  I hope you all have a great week!  

Love,
  Hermana Haws